Historical Side of Louisiana Tour : Plantation Half-Day Trip From New Orleans
Take a step back in time for an in-depth look at the history of New Orleans on a private day trip to the oldest plantation in Lower Mississippi River Basin. Explore the grounds, walk through history inside the home and out, and be educated about the 1811 Slave Rebellion and its aftermath.
✔ Visit the oldest plantation in the area
✔ Go to the historical Barataria Swamps
✔ Entry tickets & transport included
✔ Tour an old plantation home full of history
✔ Be educated about the history of slavery
✔ Can be 100% personalized to your wishes
✔ Hotel pic up and drop off is included
This half-day guided tour will reveal the exclusive and fascinating stories behind the old New Orleans. Sit back and relax as you're transported around this historic and beautiful area.
After you’ve explored with your favorite local, your guide will drive you back to your accommodation.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
Start by walking through the Destrehan plantation, and learn about its many puzzling rooms. You’ll get the scoop on some of the most important figures, and features here from your private local guide.
A plantation is the large-scale estate meant for farming that specializes in cash crops. The crops that are grown include cotton, coffee, tea, cocoa, sugar cane, opium, sisal, oil seeds, oil palms, fruits, rubber trees, and forest trees. Protectionist policies and natural comparative advantage have sometimes contributed to determining where plantations are located.
Among the earliest examples of plantations were the latifundia of the Roman Empire, which produced large quantities of wine and olive oil for export. Plantation agriculture grew rapidly with the increase in international trade and the development of a worldwide economy that followed the expansion of European colonial empires. Like every economic activity, it has changed over time.
Get a different look at plantation life as you explore the grounds. See the slave quarters and learn about their living conditions, and see the old schoolhouse and wash house
Duration: 4 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Entrance tickets
- Private guide
- Air conditioned car
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Still have questions?
We’re here to help.
Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: C-255071P37
Similar Tours & Activities